At Law Office of Heng-Yi Liang, your privacy is very important to us. This policy explains what information we collect, why we collect it and how we used that information.
The types of personal information that our office collects directly from you may include:
- Contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number;
- Educational and professional background information;
- Social security number, place of birth and date of birth;
- Biometrics information, such as height, weight, color of eyes and color of hair;
- Travel information, such as passport number, visa number and I-94 number;
- Usernames and passwords; and
- Payment information, such as a credit or debit card number.
We may use your email address to inform you about our services and to follow up with you regarding your legal needs. We may use your personal information to provide the service to you.
We may share your personal information with the government agencies, such as USCIS, USDOL, NVC, and Department of State. We also may need to disclose your personal information to respond to or comply with any law, regulation, subpoena, court order or other legal obligation. Your personal information that we collect is never used for any other purpose and is never shared without your express consent.
Our office may allow registered users to access their account information and make corrections or updates upon log in at any time. The accuracy of such information is solely the responsibility of the user. If you request to deactivate your account or delete your personal information, we will endeavor to fulfill your request but some personal information may persist in backup copies for a certain period of time and may be retained as necessary for legitimate business purposes or to comply with our legal obligations.
Our office takes precautions to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction through the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical security measures.